DevOps Engineer – Cloud Infrastructure
at Point Inside, Bellevue, WA
Who You Are
You are a practiced in infrastructure as code where cables, switches and hardware is nothing more than bits in the Cloud (Any Cloud). Creating the automation through python, bash and chef to form high availability architectures and solutions, data driven decisions, with self-healing automation and to fit within cloud architecture best practices. You quickly master details and new technologies. In your career, you find that the unique and complex challenges find their way to you, which you thoroughly enjoy solving.
This is a dynamic role with vigorous emphasis on being self-motivated to solve for the moment. Cloud Technologies in its ever evolving metamorphism creates new challenges daily. You will warrant that good decisions are being made and procedures are being followed. Where gaps are found in process or infrastructure, you will take ownership to resolve them. In the rare occasion of service interruption, you will be responsive and restore functionality in a timely and efficient manner.
You will help drive the evolution of our SaaS solution for indoor mapping by planning network and server architecture, devise automated ways to enable rapid customer onboarding, continuously refine and improve scaling efficiency, design and implement automated ways to solve common needs such as builds, deployments, environment build outs, and always consider information security in all of your plans.
What You’ll Do
- Infrastructure as code transforming the cloud using python, bash, chef and/or other technologies to create a resilient SaaS solution for the indoor world.
- Design, review and implement infrastructure around web, application, and data tiers to meet security, availability, responsiveness, and cost objectives.
- Implement and maintain intelligent infrastructure and application monitoring for other engineering teams to plug into.
- Proficiency in Server Provisioning, Middleware Management, Build and Deployment Automation through tools like GIT, Jenkins, Chef and other technologies.
- Participate in an on-call rotation with other engineers
- Collaborate and support the engineering team to build software tolerance for infrastructure failure or issues.
- Research emerging technologies, trends and methodologies and enhance existing systems and processes.
- Work with highly available systems, distributed and clustered systems
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of experience working with Linux systems
- 5+ years full stack cloud development or DevOps experience
- 4+ years coding experience in Python, and Bash scripting
- 4+ years working with and supporting AWS, Azure or other cloud providers
- 2+ years experience working with GIT
- Proficiency writing scripts from scratch in one or more of Bash, Python, Java, and Ruby
- High availability cloud architecture principles
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field a plus
- Self-starter who enjoys learning and applying knowledge
Who We Are
It didn’t start with an answer, Point Inside started with a series of observations. Location technology was moving indoors. e-commerce was growing up. IoT was emerging. Data platforms were helping companies shape themselves. Point Inside was founded on the principle that these worlds would collide and a new model would be required to capture, organize and make sense of it all. Due to massive disruption from e-commerce, brick and mortar retail was a logical place to start.
Now however, a new wave is emerging behind disruption called opportunity. Understanding data and how it affects people in places is crucial to growing your business. Since 2009, Point Inside has been creating a foundation of indoor maps. We’re enabling location-centric, digital strategies across industries unlocking the power of the data driven enterprise.
Are you all about creating a better experience for others? Let's talk.
Some of the Many Ways We Say ‘Thank You’:
- Comprehensive health and life benefits package
- Eight company-paid holidays and generous paid time off
- 401(k) with company match
- Parking / Commuting subsidy
- Plenty of treats and drinks
- All of our positions are based in our Bellevue, WA office. We do not offer relocation assistance.
- Point Inside is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Must be authorized to work in U.S. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
- Point Inside participates in the E-verify program