Senior Software Engineer, Platform
at Point Inside, Bellevue, WA
Who You Are
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will play a leading role in building our SaaS indoor mapping and data platform. You have a track record of designing and implementing service-oriented, large-scale architectures, and you're regarded as a Java go-to.
You are a lifelong learner who embraces the unknown and is always on the lookout to develop new skills. You enjoy positively mentoring your team whether directly or indirectly. You take pride and ownership in the products you build and encourage discussion regarding technical decisions. Working backwards from the customer perspective, you don’t build for the sake of building, but to solve a specific customer need.
You're an innovator and entrepreneur. You come up with technology solutions and features that will benefit customers in new and unexpected ways.
What You’ll Do
- Design and implement platform features and capabilities that deliver value to our customers.
- Coordinate cross-team technical integrations
- Mentor other engineers
What You’ll Bring
- 4+ years of Java programming skills
- Deep technical experience working with a software product company
- Working knowledge of design patterns and architecture design
- Hands-on experience with AWS (e.g. S3, EC2, EMR, Kinesis, DynamoDB)
- Experience in Agile or Scrum development process
- Experience with unit testing & Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with Maven build tools, Git for source control management
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent
- Experience in Spark/Scala, Python, Postgresql, Liquidbase Database Versioning, SonarQube, Jira, Confluence, Tomcat and Jenkins are all a plus, but not required
Who We Are
It didn’t start with an answer, Point Inside started with a series of observations. Location technology was moving indoors. e-commerce was growing up. IoT was emerging. Data platforms were helping companies shape themselves. Point Inside was founded on the principle that these worlds would collide and a new model would be required to capture, organize and make sense of it all. Due to massive disruption from e-commerce, brick and mortar retail was a logical place to start.
Now however, a new wave is emerging behind disruption called opportunity. Understanding data and how it affects people in places is crucial to growing your business. Since 2009, Point Inside has been creating a foundation of indoor maps. We’re enabling location-centric, digital strategies across industries by unlocking the power of the data-driven enterprise.
Do you enjoy building innovative products and working with smart, motivated people? Let's talk.
Some of the Many Ways We Say ‘Thank You’:
- Comprehensive health and life benefits package
- Eight company-paid holidays and generous paid time off
- 401(k) with company match
- Parking / Commuting subsidy
- Wellness subsidy
- Plenty of snacks and drinks
- All of our positions are based in our Bellevue, WA office. We do not offer relocation assistance.
- Point Inside is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Point Inside participates in the E-verify program