Software Engineer, Web Applications
at Point Inside, Bellevue, WA
Who You Are
You have a passion for front-end web application development and have dabbled with data visualization. You have created entire apps or added substantial features to existing apps using modern frameworks such as React and Angular. You are familiar enough with Node.js to make straight forward middleware changes when needed. Your curiosity and ability to learn quickly allows you to take ideas from prototype to production and you relish the opportunity to affect change and pioneer new technologies.
What You’ll Do
- Debug and add features to existing Angular 5 applications based on design objectives
- Write server-side middleware in Node.js
- Collaborate with other teams and developers to create visual testing and integration tools
- Preserve consistency and best-practices across all of our services
- Design features and deliver code that addresses business requirements
- Triage and troubleshoot complex system and customer issues
What You’ll Bring
- 2+ years experience with Angular
- Proficiency in Git or DVCS utilizing services such as GitHub or BitBucket
- Node.js and ReactJS experience a plus
- Experience establishing coding standards, including secure coding best practices
- Solid understanding of Agile methodology
- Ability to pick up and build upon new concepts quickly
- Self-driven and guided individual with a passion for technology
Who We Are
It didn’t start with an answer, Point Inside started with a series of observations. Location technology was moving indoors. e-commerce was growing up. IoT was emerging. Data platforms were helping companies shape themselves. Point Inside was founded on the principle that these worlds would collide and a new model would be required to capture, organize and make sense of it all. Due to massive disruption from e-commerce, brick and mortar retail was a logical place to start.
Now however, a new wave is emerging behind disruption called opportunity. Understanding data and how it affects people in places is crucial to growing your business. Since 2009, Point Inside has been creating a foundation of indoor maps. We’re enabling location-centric, digital strategies across industries by unlocking the power of the data-driven enterprise.
Are you all about creating a better experience for others? Let's talk.
Some of the Many Ways We Say ‘Thank You’:
- Comprehensive health and life benefits package
- Eight company-paid holidays and generous paid time off
- 401(k) with company match
- Parking / Commuting subsidy
- Plenty of treats and drinks
- All of our positions are based in our Bellevue, WA office. We do not offer relocation assistance.
- Point Inside is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Point Inside participates in the E-verify program