We will not sell or disclose personal information to unaffiliated third parties without your consent except as otherwise provided in this Policy.
Point Inside will revise and update this Policy if our practices change or if changes in the law so require.
Information Collected About You
We collect a variety of personal information about users of our products or services. Personal information is information that can be directly associated with a specific person or entity, such as a name, address, telephone number, email address, or information about activities directly linked to that person.
Our definition of personal information does not include “aggregate” information. Aggregate information is data we collect about a group or category of services or customers from which individual customer identities have been removed. Aggregate data helps us understand trends and customer needs so that we can better consider new services or tailor existing services to customer desires. The aggregate data also might be purchased by or shared with a third party.
Here are the types of personal and other information we collect. You should refer to the rest of this Policy to see how we use, disclose, and protect that information:
- Information You Give Us
- We collect information you give us when you purchase a Point Inside product or use our services. For example, you may provide us an email address when requesting information.
- Automatically Collected Information
- We automatically receive certain types of information when your device(s) link to Point Inside servers. Additionally, when you visit the Point Inside website, our systems automatically collect your IP address and the type of browser you use. When you browse the web, our systems log the Web sites you visit.
- Information Collected by Third Parties for Interest-Based Advertising
- We work with third parties to collect certain non-identifying information about your interests to provide targeted advertising and analytics services on our site or within our application, or across other sites and other applications. These entities may use technologies to collect information about your use of our mobile applications, including device attributes such as: operating system, hardware version, device settings, IP address, time zone, device carrier, applications installed on the device, and device advertising identifiers. We may share and allow our third party partners to share this non-identifying information with other third parties that perform targeted advertising activities across other apps and websites.
- Collection and Use of Data Across Devices
- Data collected from a particular device may be used on a different device that is linked to the device on which the data was originally collected. Any choice made by a User regarding our collection of data on one device will be reflected on the other device(s) linked to that device.
We also may purchase email lists from third parties for advertising purposes. We only purchase lists of individuals who have allowed third-party use of their email address for marketing purposes. If you have previously requested to participate in an email advertising program, the information we receive may include your name, information on previous transactions, or any other personal information you have provided.
In a Business Agreement, our customer is a business or other entity purchasing service. In the course of that relationship you may provide us certain personal information.
Use of Personal Information
- Internal Use
- In general, we use personal information to serve our customers, to enhance and extend our customer relationship, and to customize and personalize your experience.
- Third-Party Use
- You should review the following section to understand when Point Inside discloses personal information to third parties.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Information about our customers is one of our most important business assets, and therefore we strive to protect it and keep it confidential. We do not sell personal information to third parties without your consent. When and what types of information Point Inside discloses depends on the service and in some cases the choices you have made.
Point Inside will not disclose personal information other than in accordance with this Policy. In general, that means that you must consent to the disclosure in advance. Depending on the service, we may obtain your consent in a number of ways, including:
- In writing;
- Online by clicking a button;
- At the time of initiation of a particular service offering, when your consent is part of the required terms and conditions to use that service.
We share personal information with third parties as necessary to complete a transaction, perform a service on your behalf (such as enhancing our ability to serve you better), or perform a service that you have requested. When the third party acts solely on our behalf, Point Inside does not allow them to use your information for other purposes.
From time to time you may be able to participate in contests, giveaways, or other similar promotions we sponsor. Except as explained otherwise in the rules for a particular contest, giveaway, or promotion, any personal information you provide will be used in accordance with this Policy.
Information about our users, including personal information, may be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider, as well as in the unlikely event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which personal information would be transferred as one of the business assets of the company.
Protection of Point Inside and Others
We release personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law or in good faith reliance on legal process (e.g., court orders, subpoenas, E911 information, etc.); enforce or apply our customer agreements; initiate, render, bill, and collect for services; protect our rights or property, facilitate or verify the appropriate calculation of taxes, fees, or other obligations due to a local, state, or federal government.
We also use a session-based cookie that maintains a user’s session for continuity of navigation while viewing the site. After closing the browser the session cookie simply terminates.
Depending on the phone or device being used, cookies may be stored locally on the phone or device, or on servers operated by Point Inside. This Internet cookie-like functionality is in place for the same reasons and designed for the same purposes as cookies placed on your computer when interacting with Internet Web sites.
Point Inside Use of Web Beacons
A Web beacon, also known as a Web bug, is a small, graphic image on a Web page, Web-based document or in an email message that is designed to allow the site owner or a third party to monitor the address and other information of the computer viewing the item. Web beacons are often invisible to the user because they are typically very small (only 1-by-1 pixel) and the same color as the background of the Web page, document, or email message. Web beacons are represented as HTML IMG tags in the Web page; users can click on “view profiles” of the Web page to see whether the page is using a Web beacon. Web beacons collect the IP address of the computer that the Web beacon is sent to, the URL of the page the Web beacon comes from, and the time it was viewed. Web beacons can also be linked to personal information.
Point Inside does not place Web beacons that link to personal information on other sites, nor does it permit third parties, other than those working on our behalf, to place them on our site. Point Inside does use Web beacons itself and may link a particular beacon to personal information. For example, we may use a beacon to ensure a user can flip between technical assistance, customer service and our online store and still be recognized as our customer.
Point Inside Placement of Advertising on Other Web Sites
Network and Information Security
We maintain a variety of physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard your personal information. For example, we use accepted tools and techniques to protect against unauthorized access to our systems. Also, we grant access to personal information about you to employees and contractors who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. In addition, we work to protect the security of your personal information when you are ordering new service via the Point Inside website by using well-known Internet encryption technologies like Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). We also use encryption technologies to protect your account information. You should be aware that Point Inside has no control over the security of other sites on the Internet you might visit, interact with, or from which you buy products or services.
What Can I Do to Protect My Personal Information?
In addition, use passwords to prevent unauthorized access to your service account. If you write down your passwords or user names, keep the information in a secure location. Do not give your password to someone else unless you intend them to have the same full access and ability to make changes to your account as you have. Change your password periodically.
California customers: Point Inside does not disclose customers’ personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, as governed by California Civil Code 1798.83.
Updating this Policy
Point Inside will revise or update this Policy as it deems appropriate, including for example, if our practices change, as we change existing or add new services, or if the law so requires. You should refer back to this page often for the latest information and the effective date of any changes.
If, however, users’ personally identifiable information will be used in a manner materially different from that stated at the time of collection, we will notify users via posting on this page for 30 days before the material change is made. Users will have a choice as to whether or not their information will be used in this materially different manner.
Point Inside is committed to the policies set forth in this Policy.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this Policy please email Point Inside customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org.